1967 Beechcraft Baron D55
An impressive balance of speed, crisp handling, and timeless ramp appeal.
At 26 gallons an hour cruising around 185 knots in the mid altitudes it’ll knock off 600 miles without breaking a sweat
Air Market Group LLC
Type: Fixed Wing Multi-Engine
Engine: Continental IO-520 (produce 285 to 310 horsepower )
Prop: Hartzell PHC-C3YF-2UF
- Takeoff Distance: 968 ft
- Landing Distance: 1414 ft
- Garmin GNS 430W WAAS #1 GPS/Nav/Comm
- Garmin GNS 430 #2 GPS/Nav/Comm
- Century III autopilot with electric trim
- King KI 525A HSI
- Avidyne EX 500 MFD
- Heads Up XMD 076-01 XM receiver
- King RDR 130 radar (displayed on EX 500)
- Garmin GTX 330 transponder
- Garmin GMA 340 audio panel
- King KN 63 DME
- Castleberry electric standby attitude indicator
- Insight GEM 1200 engine monitor
- Shadin Digiflo-L fuel flow meter/totalizer
- Bose aircraft-powered LEMO headset jacks for pilot and co-pilot
- Large baggage door
- Brackett air filter
- Micro AeroDynamics vortex generators
- Cygnet dual yokeManual cowl flap STC
- Deice boots
- Alcohol propeller deice system
- Norton radome
- Whelen LED anti-collision lights
- Alcohol windshield deice system
- Pilot relief tube
- Max T/O Weight: 5300 Lb
- Max Landing Weight: 5300 Lb
- Operating Weight: 3053 Lb
- Fuel Capacity: 106 gal Lb
- Payload W/Full Fuel: 1399 Lb
- Max Payload: 2071 Lb
- Wingspan:37 ft 10 in
- Length:29 ft 0 in
- Height:9 ft 3 in
- Maximum TO weight:5,300 lbs
- Useful load:2,225 lbs*
*Varies widely by year and individual aircraft
- Large aft window
- Air inlet scoop atop nacelles
- Single, throw-over control yoke
- Throttles in the center of the power quadrant, props left mixtures right
- Gear handle on right, flap on left
- Max Range: 1000 nm
- Service Ceiling: 20900 ft
- Max cruise speed:230 mph (199 kt)
- Max range (45 minute reserve):1,143 miles
- Fuel capacity (standard):142 gallons
- Rate of Climb: 1,670 fpm
- Climb Rate One Engine Inop: 335 fpm
- Max Speed: 210 kts
- Normal Cruise: 156 kts
- Stall Speed: 69 kts
- Exterior Height: 9 ft 3 in
- Wing Span: 37 ft 10 in
- Length: 29 ft 0 in
- External Baggage: 18 cu ft
- Cabin Height: 4 ft 2 In
- Cabin Width: 3 ft 6 In
- Cabin Length: 11 ft 9 In
- Internal Baggage: 35 cu ft
Budget at least $10,000 a year to cover both the annual and ongoing maintenance. As an hourly maintenance cost, one owner told us a good guideline is to double the fuel cost.
With avgas running about $4.50 a gallon, that works out to about $230 per flight hour. Fly 150 hours a year and you’ll spend about $35,000 to include engine reserves.
A typically equipped 260-HP Baron can carry about 1800 pounds of people, bags and fuel; a 285-HP model, about 1950 pounds.
With the fifth and sixth seats removed, 400 pounds can be loaded into this space. Many Barons also have an extended aft baggage compartment approved for up to 120 pounds.
Providing customers with a specialized and personalized experience is what distinguishes Air Market Group from other brokers. We ensure transparency and reliability by following procedures and systems in place for a seamless transaction.
Make an Offer
Air Market Group LLC
- PURCHASE PRICE: Purchase price shall be payable at time of Aircraft delivery.
- INSPECTION: Buyer shall have the right to conduct a visual inspection of the Aircraft and its records at a mutually agreeable location as soon as practical. If found acceptable, Buyer shall have the right to conduct a pre-purchase inspection, of a mutually agreeable scope, (the “Inspection”) and test-flight of the Aircraft, at a mutually agreeable inspection facility (the “Inspection Facility”) to verify the condition of the Aircraft. Buyer shall be responsible for the cost of the Inspection and test-flight. Seller shall be responsible or the correction of airworthiness items and other discrepancies identified by the Inspection Facility during the Inspection and test flight required to make the Aircraft conform to the condition specified in paragraph 3 below.
- CONDITION: The Aircraft shall be delivered free and clear of all liens or encumbrances, with a valid Certificate of Airworthiness, in an airworthy condition, with all systems functioning in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications, current on the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance program, with all Airworthiness Directives and Mandatory Service Bulletins complied with, and current on any applicable maintenance service programs that the aircraft is currently enrolled on that relate to engines.
- DELIVERY: Following completion of the inspection and correction of discrepancies, the aircraft shall be delivered at the Inspection Facility or other mutually agreeable location within 3 business days.
- PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT: This offer and the obligations of Buyer and Seller herein are not binding upon either party and are subject to the negotiation and execution of a mutually agreeable definitive Purchase and Sale Agreement. This Purchase and Sale agreement shall be executed within ten (10) business days from seller’s acceptance of this offer.
- DEPOSIT: Upon acceptance of this offer, Buyer shall place a refundable deposit in escrow to be held pending execution of a Purchase and Sale Agreement and governed thereafter by said agreement. This offer is valid through 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time, 2 business days after the date of the offer after which, if not accepted, shall expire having no further force or effect.
Looking for something else?
Our team is dedicated to our customers specific needs and desires. Contact a member of our team so that we can find the perfect aircraft for you!